- 8oz / 220g Explore Cuisine Chickpea Fusili Pasta
- 2x yellow onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4x sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable stock paste
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Slice onions very thinly (this can also be done on a mandolin if you desire).
- Heat a medium-sized pot or high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and once warm turn to medium-low and add the onions, sprinkle with salt and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are caramelized and golden, this can take about 25-30 minutes.
- Pour in wine and balsamic vinegar. Deglaze the pan by scraping up any browned bits at the bottom of the pan. Stir in vegetable stock paste. Add 4 sprigs of thyme and stir in salt and pepper.
- Add lentil pasta, water and tamari. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring every few minutes to ensure pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan and then reduce to medium-low, cover and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until al dente, stirring occasionally - the sauce should coat the pasta.
- Sprinkle the gruyere cheese on top and put the lid back on with the pan on low. Let sit for a minute or two for the cheese to melt. Serve and enjoy!
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!