- 250g Explore Cuisine Fava Bean Fusilli
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- ½ red chilli, sliced
- 385g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- generous glug olive oil, for frying
- 2 handfuls basil leaves + a few for topping
- 35g stale bread, whizzed in the blender to make breadcrumbs
- a few sprigs of thyme, de-stemmed
- Cover the base of a large frying pan with olive oil and add the garlic, chilli, tomatoes, salt & pepper, and fry for approx 5 minutes over a medium heat. Remove from the heat, stir through the basil leaves and set aside.
- Make the pangrattato by heating some olive oil in a frying pan, then add the breadcrumbs and thyme and fry for a few minutes until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 5-7 minutes, then drain (saving some of the pasta water).
- Put the pan with the tomatoes back on the heat, add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. You can add some pasta water now if necessary to loosen it up.
- Pour into a nice serving dish and top with the crispy pangrattato and fresh basil leaves.
Recipe By @Bettinas_Kitchen
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!