- 4 tablespoons butter (vegan butter if desired)
- 1 small bundle of sage
- 4 cups of butternut squash cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt & pepper
- 1 box of Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Penne
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (vegan replacement if desired)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (vegan replacement if desired)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (vegan replacement if desired)
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat until the foam subsides, then add sage and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the squash, onion, water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until squash is very tender and water has reduced considerably, 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the squash pieces.
- Add the mixture to a blender until smooth.
- Cook the Explore Cuisine pasta according to the package instructions.
- Make sure the sauce is nice and thick and pour it over the cooked penne in a large bowl.
- Mix in the cream and cheese, transfer to a baking dish and bake until bubbly and brown.