- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 heaping cup (75g) raw unsalted cashews
- 1-2 cups (240-480g) low sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 tablespoon lemon juice (start with just 1/2 and taste after blended!)
- 4 x-large (15g) minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium white onion, diced (200g)
- Explore Cuisine Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine
- Add the onion and ONLY 1 cup of the broth to a large pan over medium to medium-high heat. Cook for about 8 minutes until the onion is very tender. (Add a tiny bit more broth if it is cooking too fast or turn the heat down, so the onions don't burn) After 8 minutes, add the garlic and cook a couple of minutes more, stirring often. All of the broth should have evaporated by now. If not, keep letting it cook until the broth is GONE. You don't want any more liquid once it's done cooking, so the end result is thick and creamy.
- Add the cooked veggies (the onion and garlic) to a blender. Start out by adding JUST 1/2 cup more of the remaining broth and add the remaining ingredients (salt, pepper, cashews, starting with JUST 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, nutritional yeast-starting with just 2 tablespoons yeast). Blend on high for a couple of minutes until very creamy and smooth.
- Taste and add any more salt & pepper or lemon, if desired.
- Serve over Explore Cuisine pasta.
- Garnish with parsley, lemon zest and salt & pepper, if desired.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!