- 250g Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Penne
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful of sugar snap peas, sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- handful of micro greens
- ¼ pomegranate, de-seeded
- For the Topping:
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30g walnuts, roughly chopped
- For the Walnut Pesto:
- 30g walnuts
- 125ml olive oil
- 20g fresh basil
- ½ clove garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. Once cooked, cool down by running under cold water to prevent it overcooking. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, add the walnut pesto ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth (or leave slightly chunky if you prefer). Pour onto the pasta and mix well to coat.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and gently mix until combined.
- Pour into a nice salad platter or bowl and top with fresh basil leaves, cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts.
Recipe by: Bettinas Kitchen
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!