- 250g Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Penne
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400g canned peeled tomatoes
- 50g dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 75g cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- Pinch of chili
- 80ml water
- Cook penne according to package instructions and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, then sauté the onion and garlic.
- Place in a food processor along with the tomatoes, cashews, tomato paste and oregano and blend until creamy.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan and add a dash (80ml) of water, simmer until desired consistency, then season with chili, salt and pepper.
- Add the Red Lentil Penne and mix.
- Serve with basil and/or vegan parmesan.
Recipe by Lisa Linsen