- 2 yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup cashews(65 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
For Mushroom Bacon
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke or smoked paprika
- 8 oz cremini or any of the mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Box Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Penne
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Peel and chop the carrot. Peel and quarter the onion.
- Add the vegetables to a large pot or Dutch oven of boiling salted water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender. Remove the boiled vegetables and save about 1 ½ cups of the cooking water.
- Add the cashews, boiled vegetables, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, reserved cooking water, and nutritional yeast to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- For the mushroom bacon, In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, and liquid smoke. Add the sliced mushrooms to the bowl and gently toss to evenly coat the mushrooms.
- Heat a large skillet or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the mushrooms and any leftover marinade. Fry 5 - 10 minutes letting them get golden on one side before flipping.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked Green lentil penne and stir to coat.
- Top with mushroom bacon and sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!