- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Fava Bean Fusilli
- 1/2 small eggplant, cubed
- 2 cups cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced or minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegan pasta sauce
- 2 cup water
- 2 tsp. sea salt, plus more for eggplant
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh parsley or basil, for finishing
- Wash eggplant, then dice eggplant into small, bite-sized cubes.
- Place eggplant in a colander in the sink and sprinkle generously with salt. Let sit for 20-30 mins, then rinse and pat dry with a towel. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, eggplant and 1/3 of the sliced / minced garlic. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp sea salt. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until golden brown, then add mushrooms. Cook for 2 mins more or until all of the veggies have color.
- To the same saucepan, add Explore Cuisine Organic Fava Bean Fusilli, water, marinara sauce and the remaining garlic. Season with 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt and 1 tsp. black pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer until the pasta is cooked to al dente, stirring once or twice so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Once cooked, stir and taste. Add more salt and pepper, if you’d like, and dress with fresh herbs.
- Remove from heat and top with eggplant-mushroom mixture, along with more fresh parsley or basil. Serve immediately.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!