- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
For the sauce:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- Start with your sauce. Add raw cashews to a pot with water. Heat over high until water comes to a boil. Then, turn off the heat; let the cashews sit for about 30 minutes in the hot water, then drain.
- Add drained cashews, ½ cup fresh water, fresh lemon juice, garlic, salt, onion powder and black pepper to a blender. Blend on high. Set aside.
- Cook Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large pot and place over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, bell pepper and broccoli and sauté for 3 - 4 mins, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini, cooking for another couple mins, until all veggies are tender. Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Cook for 1 min more.
- Add cooked pasta and cashew sauce to the pot veggies were cooking in. Stir to combine. Serve with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- To meal prep, simply portion out four reusable Tupperware dishes, and eat within a week. Enjoy!