Skip to content
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegan fish sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups vegan chicken broth
- 113.5-ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in vegan chicken broth and coconut milk, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice noodles, vegan fish sauce and brown sugar until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in green onions, cilantro, basil and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.