1 8 ounce box of Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli
2 cups cashews – soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes or soaked overnight, drained
1 cup water
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup frozen peas
½ cup fresh mint
zest of one small lemon (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the cashews, water, salt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and garlic powder to a blender. Blend until it’s a ricotta consistency and set aside.
- When the pasta has a few minutes left to cook, reserve about a ½ cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- Add the frozen peas to the pot and let them cook with the remainder of the cooking time for the pasta.
- When done cooking, drain the pasta and peas and return to the empty pot.
- Mix in the cashew ricotta with a spatula to coat everything well, adding some of the reserved cooking water to thin out.
- Add the fresh mint and mix again with the spatula. Serve with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Enjoy all the Spring vibes in this healthy meat-free meal!