Yields: 4 Servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with 1-2 tsp salt. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add 2 tbsp butter to a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add additional 2 tbsp butter, garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes, until mushrooms start to soften.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, toast the chopped walnuts in a small pan over medium heat, stirring often to prevent burning, for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, creamer, salt and pepper to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until it starts to thicken.
- Add in spinach, parsley, lemon juice, walnuts and cooked pasta. Toss until spinach is wilted.
- Serve topped with vegan ricotta or parmesan (optional).
Cooking Tip: Rinse under cold water after draining to stop the cooking.