Yields: 4 Servings Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
- Cook 1 box of Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Penne according to package directions.
- In a separate large pot over medium heat, add olive oil, onion, carrots and celery. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and thyme sprigs. Add chickpeas and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, cook 10 minutes.
- Ladle out 1 ½ cups of chickpeas and ¼ cup stock, add to blender. (it’s ok if you get some veg in there too!) Blend until smooth. Return puree to pot.
- Add pasta, check seasoning and consistency. If sauce has become too thick, add a bit more stock or water to thin out.
- Serve warm with fresh thyme leaves and olive oil drizzle.